ResearchDefensive behavior is essential for the survival of all species. Epilepsy is a circuit-level dysfunction which affects nearly 1% of total population worldwide. Epilepsy induced impairment of defensive responses is associated with high rates of premature mortality from external causes, but the underlying mechanisms is still unknown. We perform precisely timed and cell type-specific in vivo optogenetic methodologies in freely moving epileptic animals to clarify the neural circuit mechanisms for the influence of epilepsy on defensive behaviors and to identify the potential cell specific intervention targets for epilepsy-induced disorders. Technology tools, such as electrophysiological recording, optogenetics and trans-synaptic tracing technique, improve neural circuits research. We mainly focus on: designing and modifying novel optrode (electrode) array; dissecting defensive behavior related neural circuit and discriminating the circuit function in epileptic animal model.
Biography2018-present, associated investigator at SIAT, CAS 2018, assistant investigator 2014-2017, University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, PhD 2011-2013, research assistant 2009-2011, Wuhan University, Master 2005-2009, Henan University of Technology, B.S
(#co-first author，*corresponding author)
- Yi Cao#, Chongyang Sun#, Jianyu Huang, PengSun, Lulu Wang, Shuyu He, Jianxiang Liao, Yi Lu* and Cheng Zhong*. Dysfunction of the hippocampal-lateral septal circuit impairs risk assessment in epileptic mice. Frontiers in Molecular Neuroscience, 2022:15 (828891)
- Chongyang Sun#, Yi Cao#, Jianyu Huang, Kang Huang, Yi Lu* and Cheng Zhong*.Low-cost and easy-fabrication lightweight drivable electrode array for multiple-regions electrophysiological recording in free-moving mice. Journal of Neural Engineering, 2022:19 (016003).
- Yi Cao#, Suwan Pan#, Mengying Yan, Chongyang Sun, Jianyu Huang, Cheng Zhong*, Liping Wang* & Lu Yi*. Flexible and stretchable polymer optical fibers for chronic brain and vagus nerve optogenetic stimulations in free-behaving animals. BMC Biology, 2021:19:2
- Fengming Ye#, Yi Cao#, Mengying Yan, Lulu Wang, Chongyang Sun, Cheng Zhong, and Yi Lu*. Low-cost paper-based conducting polymer-hydrogel flexible bio-radar sensor for detecting biological o Macromolecular Materials and Engineering. 2021.
- Lulu Wang#, Zexin Xie#, Cheng Zhong, Yongqiang Tang, Fengming Ye, Liping Wang*, Yi Lu*.Self-spreadable octopus-like electrode arrays for long-term neural recordings. Acta Physico-Chimica Sinica. 12.
- Xinyang Qi#,Zhanhong Jeff Du#, Lin Zhu#, Xuemei Liu, Hua Xu, Zheng Zhou, Cheng Zhong, Shijiang Li, Liping Wang*, Zhijun Zhang*. The glutamatergic postrhinal cortex-ventrolateral orbitofrontal cortex pathway regulates spatial memory retrieval, Neuroscience Bulletin. 2019, 35(3): 447-460.
- Lulu Wang#, Cheng Zhong#, Dingning Ke, Fengming Ye, Jie Tu, Liping Wang*, Yi Lu*, Ultrasoft and highly stretchable hydrogel optical fibers for in vivo optogenetic modulations. Advanced optical materials, 2018:6:1800427.
- Cheng Zhong, Dingning Ke, Lulu Wang, Yi Lu*, Liping Wang*, Bioactive interpenetrating polymer networks for improving the electrode/neural-tissue interface. Electrochemistry Communications, 2017:79:59-62.
- Yi Lu#, Cheng Zhong #, Lulu Wang, Pengfei Wei, Wei He, Kang Huang, Yi Zhang, Yang Zhan, Guoping Feng, Liping Wang*, Optogenetic dissection of ictal propagation in the hippocampal–entorhinal cortex structures. Nature Communications, 2016:7:10962.
- Cheng Zhong#, Yuanyuan Zhang#, Wei He, Pengfei Wei, Yi Lu*, Yan Zhu, Li Liu, Liping Wang*. Multi-unit recording with iridium oxide modified stereotrodes in Drosophila melanogaster, Journal of Neuroscience Methods. 2014;222:218-29.