ResearchBrain endocannabinoid (eCB) signaling could harmonize appropriate behavioral responses to achieve organism’s homeostasis and long-term viability. eCB system is shown to regulate innate behaviors, such as feeding and sleep, yet the underlying mechanisms and its roles in other innate behaviors are not well investigated. In addition, eCB system is present in many brain circuits participating in innate behavior regulations, but their functions in those circuits are not fully understood. Therefore, our current interests will focus on the following topics: (1) eCB system in controlling neural circuitry basis of innate behaviors, such as innate fear, arousal and sleep; (2) the role of eCB system in the neural circuitry contributing to the development of brain disorders, such as anxiety, depression and sleep disorder.
Positions available in Wang Lab at SIAT
The lab is interested in recruiting highly motivated Postdoctoral Research Fellows to study the underlying neural circuitry mechanisms in innate behaviors and brain disorders. Candidates shall send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Biography2018- Brain Cognition and Brain Disease Institute, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Accassociate Investigator.
2013-2015 Institute of Mental Health Research, University of Ottawa, Postdoctoral fellow.
2012-2018 Department of Anesthesiology, Xijing Hospital, Lecturer and Attending.
2009-2012 Department of Anesthesiology, Xijing Hospital, Ph.D.
2006-2009 Department of Anesthesiology, Xijing Hospital, M.Sc.
2001-2006 Clinical Medicine, The 4rd Military Medical University, M.D.
- Yang C#, LiuJ#, Wang J, Yin A, Jiang Z, Ye S, Liu X, Zhang X, Wang F*, Xiong L* Activation of astroglial CB1R mediate cerebral ischemic tolerance induced by electroacupuncture. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab.2021. Accepted
- Liu X#, Li X#, Zhao G, Wang F*, Wang LP. Sexual dimorphic distribution of cannabinoid 1 receptor mRNA in adult C57BL/6J mice. J Comp Neuro.2020;528(12):1986-1999.
- WangF#, Han J#, Higashimori H#, Wang J#, Liu J, Tong L, Yang Y, Dong H, Zhang X*, Xiong L*. Long-term depression induced by endogenous cannabinoids produces neuroprotection via astroglial CB1R after stroke in rodents. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2019;39(6):1122-1137.
- Yin A#, Wang F*, Zhang Xia. Integrating Endocannabinoid Signaling in the Regulation of Anxiety and Depression. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2019;40(3):336-341.
- Liu X#, Chen C#, Liu Y#, Wang Z, Huang K, Wang F*and Wang LP*. Gentle handling attenuates innate defensive responses to visual threats. Front Behav Neurosci 2018;12:239.
- Liu X#, Tian F, Wang S, WangF*, Xiong L*. Astrocyte autophagy flux protects neurons against oxygen-glucose deprivation and ischemic/reperfusion injury. Rejuvenation Res. 2018 Oct;21(5):405-415.
- CaiY#, Peng Z#, Guo H, Wang F*, Zeng Y*. TREK-1 pathway mediates isoflurane-induced memory impairment in middle-aged mice. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2017;16;145:199-204.
- Wang F#, Li M#, Li X, Kinden R, Zhou H, Guo F, Wang Q*, Xiong L*. 2-Arachidonylglycerol protects primary astrocytes exposed to oxygen-glucose deprivation through a blockade of NDRG2 signaling and STAT3 phosphorylation.Rejuvenation Res. 2016;19:215-22.
- Wang F#*, Liang W#, Lei C, Kinden R, Sang H, Xie Y, Huang Y, Qu Y, Xiong L*. Combination of HBO and memantine in focal cerebral ischemia: is there a synergistic effect? Mol Neurobiol. 2015;52:1458-66.
- Wang F#, Zhong H#, Li X, Peng Y, Kinden R, Liang W, Li X, Shi M, Liu L, Wang Q*, Xiong L*. Electroacupuncture attenuates reference memory impairment associated with astrocytic NDRG2 suppression in APP/PS1 transgenic mice. Mol Neurobiol.2014;50:305-13.
- Wang F#, Gao Z#, Li X, Li Y, Li X, Zhong H, Xu N, Cao F, Wang Q*, Xiong L*. NDRG2 is involved in anti-apoptosis induced by electroacupuncture pretreatment after focal cerebral ischemia in rats. Neurol Res. 2013;35:406-414.
- Wang Q#*, Wang F#, Li X#, Yang Q, Li X, Xu N, Huang Y, Zhang Q, Gou X, Chen S, Xiong L*.Electroacupuncture pretreatment attenuates cerebral ischemic injury through alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor-mediated inhibition of high-mobility group box 1 release in rats. J Neuroinflammation. 2012; 9:24.
- Tseng YT#, Zhao BH#, Liu JJ#, Ding H; Wang F, Wang LP*. Sleep deprivation and adrenalectomy lead to enhanced innate escape response to visual looming stimuli. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2020;527(3):737-743.