ResearchThe neural mechanisms mediating emotion and motivated behaviors are essential for understanding the pathology of many neuropsychiatric diseases. By using combined approaches such as classic electrophysiology, behavioral assessments and novel neuronal modulation techniques, we try to understand the neural mechanism of depression, anxiety, drug addiction and other neuropsychiatric disorders. Our current interests mainly focus on the following topics：
1) Investigate the molecular and cellular mechanism mediating such disorders;
2) Develop new methods or treatments for these neuropsychiatric disorders.
Biography2019 – Brain Cognition and Brain Disease Institute, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Accassociate Investigator.
2016 – 2019 Wenzhou Medical University, Department of Bioengineering, Research Fellow.
2012 – 2016 University of Pittsburgh, Department of Psychiatry, Postdoctoral Research Accassociate.
2011 – 2012 Washington State University, Department of Neuroscience, Postdoctoral Fellow.
2003 – 2010 Ph. D in Biophysics, University of Science and Technology of China.
1998 – 2003 B.S. in Biology, University of Science and Technology of China.
Selected publications1. Lin X, Hu Y, Yang D#, Chen B#, Cyanine-coumarin composite NIR dye based instantaneous -response probe for biothiols detection and oxidative stress assessment of mitochondria，Dyes and Pigments, 2020, 174:0143-7208.
2. Liu Z*, Wang Y*, Cai L, Li YZ, Chen B, Dong Y, Huang YH. Prefrontal Cortex to Accumbens projections in Sleep Regulation of Reward, The Journal of Neuroscience, 2016, 36(30):7897-7910.
3. Chen B*, Wang Y*, Liu XD , Liu Z, Dong Y, Huang YH, Sleep Regulates Incubation of Cocaine Craving, The Journal of Neuroscience, 2015; 35(39): 13300-13310.
4. Chen B*, Ma YY*, Wang Y*, Wang X, Schlüter OM, Dong Y, Huang YH, Cocaine-induced membrane adaptation in the central nucleus of amygdala, Neuropsychopharmacology, 2013; 38(11):2240-2248.
5. Chen B, Xia J, Li GX and Zhou YF, The effects of acute alcohol exposure on the response properties of neurons in visual cortex area 17 of cats, Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, 2010; 243: 348-358.
6. Wang H, Chen B, Wang YC and Zhou YF, The sexual difference of aging-associated functional degradation in visual cortical cells of rats, Neuroscience Letters, 2010; 486: 179-183
7. Wang H, Wei HY, Chen B, Zhou YF. Chronic morphine exposure impairs short-term synaptic depression of geniculo-cortical visual pathway in vivo, Neuroscience Letters, 2006; 410: 228-233.
8. Wang H, Xie XQ, Li XR, Chen B, and Zhou YF, Functional degradation of visual cortical cells in aged rats, Brain Research, 2006; 1122(1): 93-8.