ResearchNeural circuits are the neural basis for emotions. Anxiety disorder has been recently defined as disruption in neural circuits. Our previous study has demonstrated that optogentic control of astrocytes could help to repair the damaged neural circuits in neuronal degeneration diseases. Currently, we coordinate optogenetic tools with pharmacogenetic tools to manipulate neurons and glia cells to study the neural circuits that control anxiety-like behaviors under physiological and pathological conditions. Cre-transgenic mice, neural circuit tracing techniques and in vivo optical imaging are also employed to study the neural substrates in control of innate and pathological anxiety.
BiographySince 2016, Principle investigator and professor at SIAT CAS.
2009-2015, Investigator and associate professor at SIAT CAS
2009, University of Hong Kong, PhD.
2004, Zhejiang University, MPhil.
2001, Zhejiang University, BSc in Biochemistry and Biotechnology.
Selected publications1.Jun Wang, Jie Tu, Bing Cao, Li Mu, Xiangwei Yang, Mi Cong, Aruna S. Ramkrishnan1, Rosa H.M. Chan, Liping Wang, Ying Li.Astrocytic L-Lactate Signaling Facilitates Amygdala-Anterior Cingulate Cortex Synchrony and Decision.Cell Reports. 2017 Nov 28;21(9):2407-2418. 2.Yang F#, Liu Y#, Tu J#, Wan J, Zhang J, Wu B, Chen S, Zhou J, Mu Y, Wang L. Activated astrocytes enhance the dopaminergic differentiation of stem cells and promote brain repair through bFGF. Nature Communications. 2014 Dec 17; 5: 5627. (#co-first authors)
3. Tu J, Yang F, Wan J, Liu Y, Zhang J, Wu B, Liu Y, Zeng S, Wang L. Light-controlled astrocytes promote human mesenchymal stem cells toward neuronal differentiation and improve the neurological deficit in stroke rats. Glia, 2014; 62(1):106-21.
4. Yang F#, Tu J#, Pan JQ, Luo HL, Liu YH, Wan J, Zhang J, Wei PF, Jiang T, Chen YH, Wang LP. Light-controlled inhibition of malignant glioma by opsin gene transfer. Cell Death Dis. 2013 Oct 31; 4:e893. (#co-first authors)
5. Tu J, Lu L, Cai WS, Ballard HJ. cAMP/Protein kinase A activates cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator for ATP release from rat skeletal muscle during low pH or contractions. Plos One, 2012; 7(11): e50157.
6.Sun X, Wang Y, Zhang J, Tu J, Wang XJ, Su XD, Wang L, Zhang Y. Tunneling-nanotube direction determination in neurons and astrocytes. Cell Death Dis. 2012 Dec 6; 3: e438.
7.Yang F, Yang D, Tu J, Zheng Q, Cai L, Wang L. Strontium enhances osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells and in vivo bone formation by activating Wnt/catenin signaling. Stem Cells. 2011; 29(6):981-91.
8. Tu J, Le G, Ballard HJ. Involvement of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator in the lactic-acid-induced increase in interstitial ATP in rat EDL muscle. Journal of Physiology. 2010; 588 (22): 4563-78.
9. Tu J*, Wang LP. Therapeutic potential of extracellular ATP and P2 receptors in nervous system diseases. Neuroscience Bulletin. 2009; 25(1): 27-32 (Invited review). (*corresponding author).