ResearchNeural circuits are the neural basis for emotions. Anxiety disorder has been recently defined as disruption in neural circuits. Our previous study has demonstrated that optogentic control of astrocytes could help to repair the damaged neural circuits in neuronal degeneration diseases. Currently, we coordinate optogenetic tools with pharmacogenetic tools to manipulate neurons and glia cells to study the neural circuits that control anxiety-like behaviors under physiological and pathological conditions. Cre-transgenic mice, neural circuit tracing techniques and in vivo optical imaging are also employed to study the neural substrates in control of innate and pathological anxiety.
BiographySince 2016, Principle investigator and professor at SIAT CAS.
2009-2015, Investigator and associate professor at SIAT CAS
2009, University of Hong Kong, PhD.
2004, Zhejiang University, MPhil.
2001, Zhejiang University, BSc in Biochemistry and Biotechnology.
- Xiao Q#, Zhou X#, Wei P#, Xie L, Han Y, Wang J, Cai A, Xu F, Tu J*, Wang L*. A new GABAergic somatostatin projection from the BNST onto accumbal parvalbumin neurons controls anxiety. Molecular Psychiatry. 2020 Jun 18. doi: 10.1038/s41380-020-0816-3. (#Co-first author, *Correspondence)
- Xu X, Xiao Q, Hong Y, Liu Y, Liu Y, Tu J*. Activation of dopaminergic VTA inputs to the mPFC ameliorates chronic stress-induced breast tumor progression. CNS Neuroscience & Therapeutics, 2020 (In press) (* Corresponding author)
- Zhou X#, Xiao Q#, Xie L, Yang F, Wang L, Tu J*. Astrocyte, a Promising Target for Mood Disorder Interventions. Frontiers in Molecular Neuroscience. 2019 Jun 5;12:136. doi: 10.3389/fnmol.2019.00136. (#Co-first author, *Correspondence)
- Wang J, Tu J, Cao B, Mu L, Yang X, Cong M, Ramkrishnan AS, Chan RHM, Wang L*, Li Y*. Astrocytic l-Lactate Signaling Facilitates Amygdala-Anterior Cingulate Cortex Synchrony and Decision Making in Rats. Cell Reports. 2017 Nov 28;21(9):2407-2418. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2017.11.012. (* Corresponding author)
- Yang F#, Liu Y#, Tu J#, Wan J, Zhang J, Wu B, Chen S, Zhou J, Mu Y, Wang L*. Activated astrocytes enhance the dopaminergic differentiation of stem cells and promote brain repair through bFGF. Nature Communications. 2014 Dec 17;5:5627. doi: 10.1038/ncomms6627. (#Co-first author, *Correspondence)
- Tu J, Yang F, Wan J, Liu Y, Zhang J, Wu B, Liu Y, Zeng S, Wang L*. Light-controlled astrocytes promote human mesenchymal stem cells toward neuronal differentiation and improve the neurological deficit in stroke rats. Glia. 2014 Jan;62(1):106-21. doi: 10.1002/glia.22590. (*Correspondence)
- Yang F#, Tu J#, Pan JQ#, Luo HL, Liu YH, Wan J, Zhang J, Wei PF, Jiang T, Chen YH, Wang LP*. Light-controlled inhibition of malignant glioma by opsin gene transfer. Cell Death & Disease. 2013 Oct 31;4(10):e893. doi: 10.1038/cddis.2013.425. (#Co-first author, *Correspondence)
- Tu J, Lu L, Cai W, Ballard HJ*. cAMP/protein kinase A activates cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator for ATP release from rat skeletal muscle during low pH or contractions. PLoS One. 2012;7(11):e50157. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0050157.(* Corresponding author)
- Sun X, Wang Y, Zhang J, Tu J, Wang XJ, Su XD, Wang L*, Zhang Y*. Tunneling-nanotube direction determination in neurons and astrocytes. Cell Death & Disease. 2012 Dec 6;3(12):e438. doi: 10.1038/cddis.2012.177. (* Corresponding author)
- Yang F, Yang D, Tu J, Zheng Q, Cai L, Wang L*. Strontium enhances osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells and in vivo bone formation by activating Wnt/catenin signaling. Stem Cells. 2011 Jun;29(6):981-91. doi: 10.1002/stem.646. (* Corresponding author)
- Tu J, Le G, Ballard HJ*. Involvement of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator in the acidosis-induced efflux of ATP from rat skeletal muscle. The Journal of Physiology. 2010 Nov 15;588(Pt 22):4563-78. doi: 10.1113/jphysiol.2010.195255. (* Corresponding author)
- Tu J*, Wang LP. Therapeutic potential of extracellular ATP and P2 receptors in nervous system diseases. Neuroscience Bulletin. 2009 Feb;25(1):27-32. doi: 10.1007/s12264-009-1020-2. (* Corresponding author)