We mainly focuses on revealing the architecture and understanding the mechanism of nervous system disease-related membrane proteins.
Recent advances in Cryo Electron Microscopy allow investigating problems that have been difficult/impossible to solve via other structural biology methods. In particular, it has been possible to degerming the structure of non-crystalline membrane protein at true-atomic resolution of better than 2.5 Angstrom, which enables a mechanistic understanding of mechanisms and opens opportunities for rational drug design. Even more exciting, it is now possible to use sub-tomogram averaging from cryo electron tomograms to visualize the in-situ structure of membrane proteins at high resolution directly within membranes, which is critical for maintaining native conformations and functionality.
2020-present, Principal Investigator, SIAT, CAS.
2016-2020, Associated Professor, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University
2013-2016, PostDoc Researcher, Institute Pasteur
2012-2013, PostDoc Researcher, EMBL
2009-2012, PhD in Cell Biology, School of Life Science, University of Science and Technology of China
2005-2009, Master student in biophysics, Sun Yat-sen University
2001-2005, Bachelor student, Sun Yat-sen University
- Arvind Sharma#, Zhang Xiaokang#, Wanwisa Dejnirattisai, Dai Xinghong, Gong Danyang, Wiyada Wongwiwat, Stéphane Duquerroy, Alexander Rouvinski, Marie-Christine Vaney, Pablo Guardado-Calvo, Ahmed Haouz, Patrick England, Ren Sun, Z. Hong Zhou, Juthathip Mongkolsapaya, Gavin R. Screaton*, Felix A. Rey*. The epitope arrangement on flavivirus particles contributes to the extraordinary neutralization breadth of Mab C10. CELL2021
- Yu, Xiafei#, Xie Yuan#, Zhang Xiaokang#, Ma Cheng#, Liu Likun, Zhen Wenxuan, Xu Lingyi, Zhang Jianmin, Liang Yan, Zhao Lixia, Gao Xiuxia, Yu Peilin, Luo Jianhong, Jiang Lin-Hua, Nie Yan, Yang Fan*, Guo Jiangtao*, Yang Wei*. Structural and functional basis of the selectivity filter as a gate in human TRPM2 channel. CELL REP 2021
- Wang Jiangqin#, Yu Xiafei#, Ding ZhongJie#, Zhang Xiaokang#, Luo Yanping, Xu Ximing, Xie Yuan, Li Xiaoxiao, Yuan Tian, Zheng Shaojian, Yang Wei*, Guo Jiangtao*. CELL RES 2021
- Liu, Yuntao#; Tao, Changlu#; Zhang, Xiaokang#; Xia, Wenjun; Shi, Dongqing; Qi, Lei; Xu, Cheng; Sun, Rong; Li, Xiaowei; Lau, Pakming; Zhou, Z.Hong*; Bi, Guoqiang*. Mesophasic organization of GABAA receptors in hippocampal inhibitory synapse. NAT NEUROSCI 2020
- Jin, Qiuheng#; Zhang, Bo#; Zheng, Xiang; Li, Ninging; Xu, Lizhen; Xie, Ye; Song, Fang; Bhat, Ear;Chen, Yi; Gao, Ning; Guo, Jiaotao*; Zhang, Xiaokang*; Ye, Sheng*. Cryo-EM structures of human pannexin 1 channel. CELL RES 2020
- Zhang, Bo#; Jin, Qiuheng#; Xu, Lizhen#; Li, Ninging; Meng, Ying; Chang, Shenghai; Zheng, Xiang; Wang, Jiarui; Chen, Yi; Neculai, Dante; Gao, Ning; Zhang, Xiaokang*; Yang, Fan*; Guo, Jiangtao*; Ye, Sheng*. Cooperative transport mechanism of human monocarboxylate transporter 2. NAT COMMUN 2020
- Liu, Si#; Xu, Lingyi#; Guan, Fenghui#; Liu, Yuntao; Cui, Yanxiang; Zhang, Qing; Zheng, Xiang; Bi, Guoqiang; Zhou, Z.Hong*, Zhang, Xiaokang*, Ye, Sheng*. Cryo-EM structure of the human alpha5beta3 GABAA receptor. CELL RES 2018
- Zhang, Xiaokang#; Ge, Peng#; Yu, Xuekui; Brannan, Jane; Bi, Guoqiang; Zhang, Qinfen; Schein, Stan; Zhou, Z.Hong*. Cryo-EM structure of the mature dengue virus at 3.5-A resolution. NAT STRUCT MOL BIOL 2013