1. Theory and applications of Granger causality in nonlinear system, particularly in neural system.
2. Data analysis in neuroscience and new methods for data analysis.
3. Functions and principles of central nervous system.
4. Theory of artificial neural network.
5. Connection between biological neuronal network and artificial neural network.
6. Fast and accurate simulation of neural system.
Biography2019-present： Associate Principle Investigator at ShenZhen Institutes of Advanced Technology Chinese Academy of Sciences
2016-2019： Post-Doctoral Associate at New York University Abu Dhabi (Mentor: David Cai, David W. McLaughlin)
2012-2016： Ph.D in applied mathematics at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Mentor: Douglas Zhou)
2008-2012： Undergraduate student at Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Selected publications1. Douglas Zhou, Yanyang Xiao, Yaoyu Zhang, Zhiqin Xu, David Cai: Causal and Structural Connectivity of Pulse-Coupled Nonlinear Networks. Physical Review Letters 08/2013; 111(5):054102. DOI:10.1103/PhysRevLett.111.054102
2. Douglas Zhou, Yanyang Xiao, Yaoyu Zhang, Zhiqin Xu, David Cai: Granger Causality Network Reconstruction of Conductance-Based Integrate-and-Fire Neuronal Systems. PLoS ONE 02/2014; 9(2):e87636. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0087636
3. Yaoyu Zhang, Yanyang Xiao, Douglas Zhou, & David Cai: Granger causality analysis with nonuniform sampling and its application to pulse-coupled nonlinear dynamics. Physical Review E (2016): 93(4), 042217. DOI:10.1103/PhysRevE.93.042217
4. Zhang, Yaoyu, Yanyang Xiao, Douglas Zhou, and David Cai: Spike-triggered regression for synaptic connectivity reconstruction in neuronal networks. Frontiers in computational neuroscience 11 (2017): 101. DOI: 10.3389/fncom.2017.00101
5. Li, Songting., Xiao Yanyang., Zhou, Douglas, & Cai, David: Causal inference in nonlinear systems: Granger causality versus time-delayed mutual information. Physical Review E (2018): 97(5), 052216. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevE.97.052216
6. Zhiqin John Xu, Yaoyu Zhang, Yanyang Xiao: Training behavior of deep neural network in frequency domain. arxiv.org/abs/1807.01251 (2018)
7. Yanyang Xiao, Songting Li, Douglas Zhou: Representing Conditional Granger Causality by Vector Auto-regressive Parameters. Communications in Mathematical Sciences (2019) (accepted).