Virus is a smart and powerful microbe, which has harmful and useful aspects, just likes a double-edged sword, for human and animals. The useful aspect has been applied in the fields of basic research and medicine by deleting harmful aspect, e.g. Pseudorabies virus and Rabies virus have been used to mapping neural circuit, Adeno-associated virus has been used for curing genetic disease, Lentivirus has been used for preparing modified immune cells (CAR-T), Herpes simplex virus has been modified to destroy cancer, etc. However, some problems are still needed to be resolved, such as high toxicity, low efficiency, time consuming protocol, high-cost, etc.
Therefore, I focus on these points for developing :
- Novel and high-efficient virus-based tools: retrograde/anterograde tracers ( e.g. PRV/RV/VSV/SINV, etc),, single plasmid tracer.
- Convenient and cost-effective methods for large-scale production of viral vectors .
- Exploring the mechanism of virus-host interaction.
2019-present, Associate investigator at Shenzhen institute of advanced technology, Chinese Academy of Science
2012-2019, Assistant/Associate investigator at Wuhan institute of physics and mathematics, Chinese Academy of Science
2012, Wuhan Youth Chenguang Program of Science and Technology
2010-2012, Assistant investigator at Wuhan institute of virology, Chinese Academy of Science
2010, PhD degree in microbiology from Wuhan institute of virology, Chinese Academy of Science
- Shi XW, Jia F*, Lv P, Xu FQ*. A new anterograde trans-synaptic tracer based on Sindbis virus. Neural Regeneration Research. 2022
- Li Q#, Zhou D#, Jia F, Zhang L, Ashraf U, Li Y, Duan H, Song Y, Chen H, Cao S, Ye J. Japanese Encephalitis Virus NS1' Protein Interacts with Host CDK1 Protein to Regulate Antiviral Response. Microbiology Spectrum. 2021
- Li J#, Liu Y#, Li Q, Huang X, Zhou D, Xu H, Zhao F, Mi X, Wang R, Jia F, Xu F, Yang J, Liu D, Deng X*, Zhang Y*. Mutation in ε-Sarcoglycan Induces a Myoclonus-Dystonia Syndrome-Like Movement Disorder in Mice. Neuroscience Bulletin. 2021
- Jia F*, Li L, Liu HZ, Lv P, Shi XW, Wu Y, Ling C, Xu FQ*. Development of a rabies virus-based retrograde tracer with high trans-monosynaptic efficiency by reshuffling glycoprotein. Molecular Brain. 2021
- Zhou D#, Li Q#, Jia F, Zhang L, Wan S, Li Y, Song Y, Chen H, Cao S, Ye J*. The Japanese Encephalitis Virus NS1' Protein Inhibits Type I IFN Production by Targeting MAVS. Journal of Immunology. 2020
- Wang D, Wang X, Liu P, Jing S, Du H, Zhang L, Jia F, Li A*. Serotonergic afferents from the dorsal raphe decrease the excitability of pyramidal neurons in the anterior piriform cortex. PNAS. 2020
- Liu YT, Shivakoti S, Jia F, Tao CL, Zhang B, Xu FQ, Lau PM, Bi GQ, Zhou H. Biphasic Exocytosis of Herpesvirus from Hippocampal Neurons and Mechanistic Implication to Membrane Fusion. Cell Discovery. 2020
- Xu FX#, Zhou L#, Wang XT, Jia F, Ma KY, Wang N, Lin L, Xu FQ, Shen Y*. Magneto is ineffective in controlling electrical properties of cerebellar Purkinje cells. Nature Neuroscience. 2020
- Jia F*, Lv P, Miao H, Shi XW, Mei HJ, Li L, Xu XQ,Tao SJ, Xu FQ*. Optimization of the Fluorescent Protein Expression Level Based on Pseudorabies Virus Bartha Strain. Frontiers in Neuroanatomy. 2019
- Jia F*#, Zhu XT#, Lv P, Hu L, Liu Q, Jin S, Xu FQ*. Rapid and Sparse Labeling of Neurons Based on the Mutant Virus-Like Particle of Semliki Forest Virus. Neuroscience Bulletin. 2019
- Guo BL#, Chen J#, Chen Q#, Ren KK, Feng DY, Mao HH, Yao H, Yang J, Liu HY, Liu YY, Jia F, Qi CC, Lynn-Jones T, Hu HL, Fu ZY, Feng GP*, Wang WT*, Wu SX*. Anterior Cingulate Cortex Dysfunction Underlies Social Deficits in Shank3 Mutant Mice. Nature Neuroscience. 2019
- YuFL, Miao H, Xia JJ, Jia F, Wang HD, Xu FQ*, Guo L*. Proteomics Analysis Identifies IRSp53 and Fascin as Critical for PRV Egress and Direct Cell-Cell Transmission. 2019
- Wang H#, Zhu QY*#, Ding LF, Shen Y, Yang CY, Xu F, Shu C, Guo YJ, Xiong ZW, Shan QH, Jia F, Su P, Yang QR, Li B, Cheng YX, He XB, Chen X, Wu F, Zhou JN, Xu FQ, Han H, Lau PM*, Bi GQ*. Scalable volumetric imaging for ultrahigh-speed brain mapping at synaptic resolution.National Science Review. 2019
- Shen Q, Xiao GY, Zheng YW, Wang J, Liu Y, Zhu XT, Jia F, Su P, Nie BB, Xu FQ, Zhang B*. ARMBIS: accurate and robust matching of brain image sequences from multiple modal imaging techniques. Bioinformatics. 2019
- Wen PJ#, Rao XP#, Xu LY, Zhang ZJ, Jia F, He XB, Xu FQ*.Cortical Organization of Centrifugal Afferents to the Olfactory Bulb: Mono- and Trans-synaptic Tracing with Recombinant Neurotropic Viral Tracers. Neuroscience Bulletin. 2019
- Zhou DY, Jia F, Li QY, Zhang LP, Chen Z, Zhao ZK, Cui M, Song YF, Chen HC, Cao SB, Ye J*. Japanese Encephalitis Virus NS1' Protein Antagonizes Interferon Beta Production. Virologica Sinica. 2018
- Jia Fan*, Miu huan, Zhu Xutao, Xu Fuqiang. Pseudo-typed Semliki Forest virus delivers EGFP into neurons. Journal of Neurovirology.2017
- Zhou JH#, Wang XT#, Zhou L, Zhou L, Xu FX, Su LD, Wang H, Jia F, Xu FQ, Chen GQ, De Zeeuw C, Shen Y*. Ablation of TFR1 in Purkinje Cells Inhibits mGlu1 Trafficking and Impairs Motor Coordination, But Not Autistic-Like Behaviors. Journal of Neuroscience. 2017
- Jia F*, Zhu X, Xu FQ*. A single adaptive point mutation in Japanese encephalitis virus capsid is sufficient to render the virus as a stable vector for gene delivery. Virology. 2016
- Jia F, Fan JJ, Zhang B, Yuan ZM*. Mutagenesis of D80-82 and G83 residues in West Nile Virus NS2B: Effects on NS2B-NS3 activity and viral replication.Virologica Sinica. 2013
- Jia F, Zou G, Fan JJ, Yuan ZM*. Identification of palmatine as an inhibitor of West Nile virus. Archives of Virology. 2010