Dissects the structural feature and investigates the role of specific olfactory circuits mediate neurological and psychiatric disorders such as epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease and schizophrenia.
ResearchTo investigate the neural circuit basis of the interaction between the olfactory system and neurological and psychiatric diseases, multidisciplinary approaches, including neurotropic virus tracing, electrophysiology, fiber photometry, and behavioral assessment, combined with optogenetic and chemogenetic techniques, will be used to dissect the spatial and temporal patterns of the olfactory circuit changes, to reveal the influence of specific olfactory circuits on the onset and progression of neurological and psychiatric disorders.
Biography2021-present Associate Investigator, Brain Cognition and Brain Disease Institute, Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology, CAS 2018-2021 Associate Investigator, Innovation Academy for Precision Measurement Science and Technology (WIPM), CAS 2017-2018 Visiting Scholar, Vanderbilt University 2014-2018 Assistant Investigator, WIPM, CAS 2009-2013 Ph.D. in Neurobiology, Wuhan Institute of Physics and Mathematics (WIPM), CAS 2006-2009 Assistant Lecturer, Lecturer, Hubei University of Medicine 2003-2005 M.S. in Neurophysiology, Medical School of Wuhan University 1997-2002 M.D. in Clinic Medicine, Hubei University of Medicine
- Tao S, Wang Y, Peng J, Zhao Y, He X, Yu X, Liu Q*, Jin S*, Xu F*. Whole-Brain Mapping the Direct Inputs of Dorsal and Ventral CA1 Projection Neurons. Front Neural Circuits. Accepted. (co-corresponding author)
- Wang L#, Zhang Z#, Chen J, Manyande A, Haddad R, Liu Q*, Xu F*. Cell-type-specific whole-brain direct inputs to the anterior and posterior piriform cortex. Front Neural Circuits. 2020; 14:4. (co-corresponding author)
- Zhang Z, Zheng X, Sun W, Peng Y, Guo Y, Lu D, Zheng Y, Li X, Jendrichovsky P, Tang P, He L, Li M, Liu Q, Xu F, Ng G, Chen X, He J*. Visuoauditory associative memory established with cholecystokinin under anesthesia is retrieved in behavioral contexts. J Neurosci. 2020; 40(10):2025-2037.
- Zhu X, Lin K, Liu Q, Yue X, Mi H, Huang X, He X, Wu R, Zheng D, Wei D, Jia L, Wang W, Manyande A, Wang J, Zhang Z*, Xu F*. Rabies virus pseudotyped with CVS-N2C glycoprotein as a powerful tool for retrograde neuronal network tracing. Neurosci Bull. 2020; 36(3):202-216.
- Gao Y#, Liu Q#*, Xu L, Zheng N, He X*, Xu F*. Imaging and spectral characteristics of amyloid plaque autofluorescence in brain slices from the APP/PS1 mouse model of Alzheimer's Disease. Neurosci Bull. 2019; 35(6):1126-1137. (co-first and co-corresponding author)
- Chen X, Li X, Wong Y, Zheng X, Wang H, Peng Y, Feng H, Feng J, Baibado J, Jesky R, Wang Z, Xie H, Sun W, Zhang Z, Zhang X, He L, Zhang N, Zhang Z, Tang P, Su J, Hu L, Liu Q, He X, Tan A, Sun X, Li M, Wong K, Wang X, Cheung H, Shum D, Yung K, Chan Y, Tortorella M, Guo Y, Xu F, He J*. Cholecystokinin release triggered by NMDA receptors produces LTP and sound-sound associative memory. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2019; 116(13):6397-6406.
- Shan L, Liu T, Zhang Z, Liu Q, Zhang M, Zhao X, Zhang Y, Xu F, Ma Y*. Schizophrenia-like olfactory dysfunction induced by acute and postnatal phencyclidine exposure in rats. Schizophr Res. 2018; 199:274-280.
- Zhang Z#, Liu Q#, Wen P, Zhang J, Rao X, Zhou Z, Zhang H, He X, Li J, Zhou Z, Xu X, Zhang X, Luo R, Lv G, Li H, Cao P, Wang L, Xu F*. Activation of the dopaminergic pathway from VTA to the medial olfactory tubercle generates odor-preference and reward. Elife. 2017; 6. pii: e25423. (co-first author)
- Yang Y#, Wang Z#, Jin S#, Gao D, Liu N, Chen S, Zhang S, Liu Q, Liu E, Wang X, Liang X, Wei P, Li X, Li Y, Yue C, Li H, Wang Y, Wang Q, Ke D, Xie Q, Xu F, Wang L*, Wang J*. Opposite monosynaptic scaling of BLP-vCA1 inputs governs hopefulness- and helplessness-modulated spatial learning and memory. Nat Commun. 2016; 7:11935.
- Liu Q, Li A, Gong L, Zhang L, Wu N, Xu F*. Decreased coherence between the two olfactory bulbs in Alzheimer's disease model mice. Neurosci Lett. 2013; 545:81-85.