ResearchThe morphology and composition of individual neuron will change during neural development or neural plasticity. The dynamics of cytoskeleton play a pivotal role in morphological development of neurons and in structural changes of adult neurons. Our current interests are focus on: (1) identify and elucidate key modulators responsible for cytoskeleton dynamics during neuronal development and neurodevelopment disorders; (2) elucidating the regulation of cytoskeleton dynamics by several extracellular signaling pathways during synapse formation, elimination, and neural plasticity in early stage of neurodegenerative diseases.
BiographyAssociated investigator at SIAT, CAS since 2017.
2014-2017, HKUST Shenzhen Research Institute, Research & Project Manager.
2012-2014, Jinan University, Postdoc.
2009-2012, Jinan University, PhD.
2005-2008, Peking Union Medical College, MPhil.
2001-2005, Lanzhou University, BSc in Biology.
Selected publications(1)Yuewen Chen#*, Jinying Xu#, Xiaopu Zhou, Saijuan Liu, Yulin Zhang, Shuangshuang Ma, Amy K. Y. Fu, Nancy Y. Ip, Yu Chen*. Changes of protein phosphorylation are associated with synaptic functions during the early stage of Alzheimer's disease. ACS Chemical Neuroscience. 10(9):3986-3996, 2019.
(2) Xiaopu Zhou, Yu Chen, Kin Y. Mok, Timothy C. Y. Kwok, Vincent C. T. Mok, Qihao Guo, Fanny C. Ip, Yuewen Chen, Nandita Mullapudi, Alzheimer’s Disease Neuroimaging Initiative, Paola Giusti-Rodríguez, Patrick F. Sullivan, John Hardy, Amy K. Y. Fu, Yun Li, Nancy Y. Ip. Non-coding variability at the APOE locus contributes to the Alzheimer's risk. Nature Communications. 10(1):3310, 2019.
(3) Zhenyan Xu, Yuewen Chen, Yu Chen. Spatiotemporal Regulation of Rho GTPases in Neuronal Migration. Cells. 8(6). pii: E568, 2019.
(4) Xiaopu Zhou#, Yu Chen#, Kin Y. Mok, Qianhua Zhao, Keliang Chen, Yuewen Chen, John Hardy, Yun Li, Amy K. Y. Fu, Qihao Guo*, Nancy Y. Ip*, for the Alzheimer’s Disease Neuroimaging Initiative. Identification of genetic risk factors in the Chinese population implicates a role of immune system in Alzheimer’s disease pathogenesis, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 115(8): 1697–1706, 2018.
(5) Yuewen Chen, Fanny C.F. Ip, Lei Shi, Zhe Zhang, Huibin Tang, Yu Pong Ng, Wen-Cai Ye, Amy K.Y. Fu and Nancy Y. Ip, Coronin 6 regulates acetylcholine receptor clustering through modulating receptor anchorage to actin cytoskeleton, Journal of Neuroscience. 34(7):2413–21, 2014.
(6) Yangui Xiao#, Yinghui Peng#, Jun Wan#, Genyun Tang, Yuewen Chen, Jing Tang, Wen-Cai Ye, Nancy Y. Ip, Lei Shi, The atypical guanine nucleotide exchange factor Dock4 regulates neurite differentiation through modulation of Rac1 GTPase and actin dynamics, Journal of Biological Chemistry, 288(27): 20034–20045, 2013.
(7) Yu Pong Ng#, Yuewen Chen#, Yueqing Hu, Fanny C. F. Ip, Nancy Y. Ip, Olean-12-eno[2,3-c] [1,2,5]oxadiazol-28-oic acid (OEOA) induces G1 cell cycle arrest and differentiation in human leukemia cell lines, PLoS One, 8(5): e63580, 2013.
(8) Yuewen Chen#, Qi Wu#, Yong Shao, Jie Zhang, Ming Guan, Jun Wan, Bo Yu*, Wei Zhang*, Identify the association between polymorphisms of BLK and systemic lupus erythematosus through unlabelled probe-based high-resolution melting analysis. International Journal of Immunogenetics, 39(4):321-327, 2012
(9) Yuewen Chen#, Jianwei Ye#, Lingzhi Cao, Yong Zhang, Weibo Xia, Dahai Zhu, Myostatin regulates glucose metabolism via the AMP-activated protein kinase pathway in skeletal muscle cells, The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology, 42(12): 2072-2081, 2010.
(10) Yuewen Chen#, Linzhi Cao#, Jianwei Ye, Dahai Zhu, Upregulation of myostatin gene expression in streptozotocin-induced type 1 diabetes mice is attenuated by insulin, 388(1):112-116, 2009.
(# equal contribution, * corresponding author)