ResearchInnate emotions are crucial for us humans to survive and thrive, some of which are conserved across mammalian species. Among all the survival circuits involved in defense, energy maintenance, thermoregulation and reproduction,Lei LI focuses on the impact of aversive emotions like fear, anxiety and stress on sexual behavior and other related social behaviors. Lei LI also try to investigate the relationship between CNS survival circuit abnormalitiesand complex reproductive/metabolic diseases in a whole-organism physiology perspective with the dual goal to better understand the bases of these diseases and to propose corresponding adapted therapies.
Biography2014-present, Investigator and associate professor at SIAT CAS
2012-2014, Investigator and assistant professor at SIAT CAS
2012, University of Hong Kong, PhD.
Selected publications1. Li, L., C. Huang, X. Zhang, J. Wang, P. Ma, Y. Liu, T. Xiao, B. A. Zabel and J. V. Zhang "Chemerin-Derived Peptide C-20 Suppressed Gonadal Steroidogenesis."American Journal of Reproductive Immunology 2014 71(3): 265-277. (co-first author)
2. Li, L. , P. Ma, C. Huang, Y. Liu, Y. Zhang, C. Gao, T. Xiao, P. G. Ren, B. A. Zabel and J. V. Zhang "Expression of chemerin and its receptors in rat testes and its action on testosterone secretion." Journal of Endocrinology 2014;220(2): 155-163. (co-first author)
3. Li, L., P. Ma, Y. Liu, C. Huang, W. S. O, F. Tang and J. V. Zhang (2013). "Intermedin attenuates LPS-induced inflammation in the rat testis." PLoS One 2013; 8(6): e65278. (co-first author)
4. Li, L., W. S. O and F. Tang "Adrenomedullin in rat follicles and corpora lutea: expression, functions and interaction with endothelin-1." Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology 2011;9: 111.
5. Li, L., F. Tang and W. S. O. "Coexpression of adrenomedullin and its receptor component proteins in the reproductive system of the rat during gestation." Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology 2010;8: 130.
6. Li, L., F. Tang and W. S. O. "Preimplantation antagonism of adrenomedullin action compromises fetoplacental development and reduces litter size." Theriogenology 2012; 77(9): 1846-1853
7. Li, L. and C. K. Wong. "Effects of dexamethasone and dibutyryl cAMP on stanniocalcin-1 mRNA expression in rat primary Sertoli and Leydig cells." Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology 2008;283(1-2): 96-103.
8. Zhang, J. V., Li, L, Q. Huang and P. G. Ren. "Obestatin receptor in energy homeostasis and obesity pathogenesis." Progress in molecular biology and translational science114: 89-107.
9. Li, Y. Y., Li, L, I. S. Hwang, F. Tang and W. S. O. "Coexpression of adrenomedullin and its receptors in the reproductive system of the rat: effects on steroid secretion in rat ovary." Biology of Reproduction 2008 79(2): 200-208.