ResearchSurvival circuits are crucial for individual and species to survive and thrive. Lei LI focuses on the impact of stress and negative emotions on the sexual behavior and its underlying neural circuitry. LI also tries to investigate the relationship between CNS survival circuit abnormalities and complex peripheral reproductive diseases in a whole-organism physiology perspective, using state of art techniques like optogenetics, pharmogenetics, single-cell sequencing. Li has published 10 SCI articles in peer-reviewed journals like Current Biology. She is the principal investigator of two NSFC (Youth and General) grants.
BiographyAs a freshwoman in Nanjing University, Li received full scholarship to pursuit undergraduate study in Hong Kong in 2001. She graduated from the University of Hong Kong with her PhD degree in Molecular Medicine in 2010. Li joined SIAT in 2011 and right now is an Associate Professor at BCBDI, SIAT CAS. She worked as short-term Visiting Scientist in McGovern Institute for Brain Research at MIT and Affiliate of BROAD Institute during 2017-2018.
Selected publications1. Li, L.# Feng X#, Zhou Z#, Zhang H, Shi Q, Lei Z, Shen P, Yang Q, Zhao B, Chen S, Li L, Zhang Y, Wen P, Lu Z, Li X, Xu F and Wang LP. “Stress Accelerates Defensive Responses to Looming in Mice and Involves a Locus Coeruleus-Superior Colliculus Projection” Current Biology, (2018) https://doi.org/10.1016 /j.cub.2018.02.005 (#co-first) 2. Li, L#., C. Huang#, X. Zhang, J. Wang, P. Ma, Y. Liu, T. Xiao, B. A. Zabel and J. V. Zhang "Chemerin-Derived Peptide C-20 Suppressed Gonadal Steroidogenesis."American Journal of Reproductive Immunology 2014 71(3): 265-277. (#co-first author)
3. Li, L#. , P. Ma#, C. Huang, Y. Liu, Y. Zhang, C. Gao, T. Xiao, P. G. Ren, B. A. Zabel and J. V. Zhang "Expression of chemerin and its receptors in rat testes and its action on testosterone secretion." Journal of Endocrinology 2014;220(2): 155-163. (co-first author)
4. Li, L#., P. Ma#, Y. Liu, C. Huang, W. S. O, F. Tang and J. V. Zhang (2013). "Intermedin attenuates LPS-induced inflammation in the rat testis." PLoS One 2013; 8(6): e65278. (co-first author)
5. Li, L., W. S. O and F. Tang "Adrenomedullin in rat follicles and corpora lutea: expression, functions and interaction with endothelin-1." Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology 2011;9: 111.
6. Li, L., F. Tang and W. S. O. "Coexpression of adrenomedullin and its receptor component proteins in the reproductive system of the rat during gestation." Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology 2010;8: 130.
7. Li, L., F. Tang and W. S. O. "Preimplantation antagonism of adrenomedullin action compromises fetoplacental development and reduces litter size." Theriogenology 2012; 77(9): 1846-1853
8. Li, L. and C. K. Wong. "Effects of dexamethasone and dibutyryl cAMP on stanniocalcin-1 mRNA expression in rat primary Sertoli and Leydig cells." Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology 2008;283(1-2): 96-103.
9. Zhang, J. V., Li, L, Q. Huang and P. G. Ren. "Obestatin receptor in energy homeostasis and obesity pathogenesis." Progress in molecular biology and translational science114: 89-107.
10. Li, Y. Y., Li, L, I. S. Hwang, F. Tang and W. S. O. "Coexpression of adrenomedullin and its receptors in the reproductive system of the rat: effects on steroid secretion in rat ovary." Biology of Reproduction 2008 79(2): 200-208.